Quinoa and sweet potato patties
Basic quinoa and sweet potato patties. Makes about four patties.Ingredients:
- a sweet potato
- a cup of quinoa
- ¼ or less of a red onion
- a garlic clove
- ½ of a chili
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and/or pepper
- olive oil, water, a kitchen, etcetera
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop sweet potato, skin on. Place on baking paper on a metal baking tray in the oven. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- One cup of quinoa goes into 1½ cups of water in a saucepan on the stove. Medium heat until boiling, then simmer a further 15 minutes until the liquid is gone.
- In a mixing bowl mash together the quinoa and sweet potato.
- Add the following: ¼ or less of a red onion, finely chopped; a clove of garlic, finely chopped; ½ a chili, finely chopped; ½ a teaspoon of cumin powder; and some salt and pepper if you really want.
- Form patties, place on a metal baking tray with baking paper, put back in the oven for about 15 minutes.